RPA and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
RPA AI is the extension of robot-supported process automation to include Artificial Intelligence (KI) / Artificial Intelligence (AI). Machine vision systems, modules of so-called cognitive AI and the use of machine learning (ML) algorithms are essential components for expanding RPA AI.
Intelligent RPA - from Automation to Artificial Intelligence (AI)
This technology aims to automate processes without changing, replacing existing applications and reducing costs. Since these software robots operate similarly to the actual users, there is no real need for additional system tests.
Definitions for RPA AI
- Intelligence : The capability to recognize and solve problems
- Advanced Intelligence Learning from solved problemsand other data to increase the capability to recognize and solve more and different problems
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): made or produced by human beings rather than occurring naturally, especially as a copy of something natural (e.g. human behaviour)
- Machine Learning (ML): scientific study of algorithms and statistical models that computer systems use to perform a specific task without using explicit instructions, relying on patterns and inference instead. It is seen as a subset of AI
Prerequisites for RPA AI
- Perception: ability to use input from sensors to deduce aspects of the world (e.g. Machine Vision)
- Natural Language Processing gives machines the ability to read /listen and understand human languages.
- Understanding human language is the ability to decide how to proceed with the received information (e.g using a decision tree or other techniques ) and take appropriate actions in order to fulfill desired tasks